"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." - Oscar WildeAll learning is imitation. Creativity too begins from imitation. Imitate. Improve. You'll start becoming more original. (The picture? It's a creative solution to handling CD's when you lose their covers. Start imitating ...)
Related Notes »
Learning from TV
"Television keeps the masses occupied. What if everyone decided they wanted to make something of their lives?" - Jim Urbanovich
The following are from the Star Wars: Clone Wars TV series:
- Great leaders inspire greatness in others.
- Belief is not a matter of choice but conviction.
- Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.
- A plan is only as good as those who see it through.
- The best confidence builder is experience.
- Trust in your friends and they'll have reason to trust in you.
- You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.
- Heroes are made by the times.
- Ignore your instincts at your peril.
- Most powerful is he who controls his own power.
- The winding path to peace is always a worthy one, regardless of how many turns it takes.
- Fail with honor rather than succeed by fraud.
- Greed and fear of loss are the roots that lead to the tree of evil.
- When surrounded by war, one must eventually choose a side.
- Arrogance diminishes wisdom.
- Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to your hearts.
- Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
- A single chance is a galaxy of hope.
- It is a rough road that leads to the height of greatness.
- The costs of war can never be truly accounted for.
- Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
- A secret shared is a trust formed.
Related Notes »